So a huge thank you to the amazing Mary Smith book blogger and Laura Heffernan for having me as part of The Hungry Readers Games 2020. It’s truly an honour!
The Rules: Two Challenges and Two Ways to Win this June for our 6 voracious readers as #thehungryreadersgames Challengers this #Summer2020!
Competition 1 – Power Reader Challenge:
Who will read the most books this month???
1 pt. will be awarded for novels (200+ pages!)
0.5 pts. for novellas (199 pages or less!)
Competition 2: Bonus Points Challenge – #HungerGames style!
Ways Our Challengers Can Earn Bonus Points:
Read an ARC a week (up to 3 max per week) = Accept 1 Bonus Point or Go to GamesMistress @LauraHeffernanBooks & Dice Roll for 0 – 5 Bonus Points!
Write a Review a Week = 5 Bonus Points
Write a Blog or IG Book Post a week = 3 Bonus Points. Keep them, or Go to the GamesMistress & Roll for Double or Nothing!
Gain Lifelines –> Every 15 new Followers = 5 Bonus Points
Readers – Become a #Lifeline! Share the #hungryreadersgames2020 Challenge and get your friends to follow your favorite Champion(s)!!! For every 15 new Followers our Champions get on IG or FB, they will get 5 Bonus Points. Our Challengers will need them for the upcoming Surprise Challenges! Leave a comment if you’ve spread the word about # theHungryReadersGames or #hungryreaders2020 on Social Media for a special shout out as a Top Sharer!
Gain Sponsors –> Every 5 Sponsors = 1 Bonus Points
#Romance #Authors – Need a review? Become a Sponsor today and support one or more of these 6 voracious readers! Have an ARC? Or a past book that needs a little #ReviewLove? Contact one, two, or all of our Challengers! (For more details, contact @chicklitshop.)
Finally, it can’t be #thehungryreadersgames2020 without some ways to LOSE ALL THESE HARD EARNED BONUS POINTS…Stay tuned & watch what happens!!!
#amreading #amreadingromance #mustread #readmore #bookblogger #authorlife #bookreview #bookrecommendations #bookstagram #bookworm #book #books #booklover #romance #cozymystery #romcom #chicklit #chicklitreads #chicklitshop
The Report: Okay, so here we are, D Day. Report day for The Hungry Readers games. Okay. So In my defence, it’s been a Bit Of A Week. I realised at the start of the week I was putting out The Greatest of Enemies and put it out, we had a mini ‘everything’s falling apart day’ in relation to homeschool, we’ve continued trying to convert the garden from being a building site, I’ve been telling the kids they can’t look at screens so I’ve tried not to be a hypocrite (didn’t work, I was called out on the fact that I sit on my Kindle/phone while they’re busy ‘at school’) … Yes, I know, I’m stalling. I’ll get on with it. So I don’t have a problem with how much I read: I read two books
- Coming Home to Heritage Cove by Helen Rolfe (242 pages) Read between the 5th and 6th of June
- When Life Gives You Lemons by Fiona Gibson (400 pages but my god did not feel like it!!! Read between the 4th to 6th June)
- Today I will be reading The Midwife Crisis by Lyndsey Gallagher which I have just started but am LOVING! I won’t get to blog it, but will tweet and instagram (is that a verb?) when I finish (216 pages)
I suppose my problem is more what I DIDN’T do.
- Download the Kindle app to track what I was reading (in my defence my phone was crammed full, it’s going to have to go onto somewhere else next week
- Learn instagram (covers eyes) Have only joined but am happy to be at 85 followers!
- Tweet/ facebook/instagram as I went
- Write a blog post for Fiona Gibson’s book (I’ll post next week about it)
- Get my you-know-what together!
So I guess I’ll aim to do better next week (although as I said I’m happy with what I read and enjoyed every last word of all books!) And I’m happy to accept my points (no roll of the dice this week!!)